When you supply your personal details to this clinic, Oak Tree Osteopathy, they are stored and processed for 4 reasons:
1. We need to collect personal information about your health in order to provide you with the best possible treatment. Your requesting treatment and our agreement to provide that care constitutes a contract. You can, of course, refuse to provide the information, but if you were to do that we would not be able to provide treatment.
2. We have a “Legitimate Interest” in collecting that information, because without it we couldn’t do our job effectively and safely.
3. We also think that it is important that we can contact you in order to confirm your appointments with us, to update you on matters related to your medical care or to provide relevant advice. This again constitutes “Legitimate Interest”, but this time it is your legitimate interest.
4. Provided we have your consent, we may occasionally send you general health information in the form of articles, advice or newsletters. You may withdraw this consent at any time – just let us know by any convenient method.
Retention Policy: We have a legal obligation to retain your records for 8 years after your most recent appointment (or age 25, if this is longer), but after this period you can ask us to delete your records if you wish. Otherwise, we will retain your records indefinitely in order that we can provide you with the best possible care should you need to see us at some future date.
Data Storage: Your records are stored:
• on paper, in locked filing cabinets, and the clinic is always locked out of working hours.
• on a computer. These are password-protected, backed up regularly, and the premises are locked and alarmed.
Disclosure: We will never share your data with anyone who does not need access without your written consent. Only the following people/agencies will have access to your data:
• Your practitioner(s) in order that they can provide you with treatment
• As part of our obligations as primary healthcare practitioners there may be circumstances related to your treatment, on-going care or medical diagnosis that will require the sharing of your medical records with other healthcare practitioners e.g. GPs, consultants, surgeons and/or medical insurance companies. Where this is required we will always inform you first unless we are under a legal obligation to comply.
Osteopaths will only collect the information needed so that we can provide you with the services you require, the business does not sell or broker your data.
Access to personal data: You have the right to see what personal data of yours we hold, and you can also ask us to correct any factual errors. Provided the legal minimum period has elapsed, you can also ask us to erase your records.
Complaints: We want you to be absolutely confident that we are treating your personal data responsibly, and that we are doing everything we can to make sure that the only people who can access that data have a genuine need to do so. Of course, if you feel that we are mishandling your personal data in some way, you have the right to complain. Complaints need to be sent to us directly by email firstname.lastname@example.org , telephone 07740 651967 or writing to the clinic 2 Oak Tree Avenue, Marlow, Bucks SL7 3EJ. If you are not satisfied with our response, then you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to Oak Tree Osteopathy processing your personal data for the purposes outlined above. You can withdraw consent at any time by using the postal, email address or telephone number provided in this Privacy Notice.